Dosing & administration of FLONASE® Allergy Relief
Adults and children 12 years of age and older
- Week 1: Use 2 sprays in each nostril once daily
- Week 2 through 6 months: Use 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril once daily as needed to treat symptoms
- After 6 months of daily use: Consult healthcare professional
Children 4-11 years of age
The growth rate of some children may be slower using this product. It should be used for the shortest amount of time necessary to achieve symptom relief.
- An adult should supervise use: Use 1 spray in each nostril once daily
- After 2 months of daily use per year: Consult your healthcare professional
Children under 4 years of age
- Do not use
FLONASE® Allergy Relief provides 24-hour relief and works best to relieve allergic rhinitis symptoms when used daily.1-3 Patients may start to feel allergy relief the first day and full effect after several days of regular, once-daily use.1
Sign up to receive future offers and patient education tools.
Remove green cap.
Step 2: Prime
Aim away from face. Grasp spray bottle as shown. Pump until fine mist appears.
Do this step only when:
- Starting new bottle
- Haven’t used it in a week
- Just cleaned nozzle
Otherwise, go to step 3.
Step 3: Blow
Blow nose gently to clear nostrils.
Do not spray in your eyes. Only for use in your nose.
Step 4: Aim
Close one nostril and put tip of spray nozzle in other nostril.
Put just to the tip into your nose. Aim slightly away from center of nose.
Step 5: Breathe and spray
While sniffing gently, press down on spray nozzle once or twice according to dosing instructions. You’ll feel a light mist in your nose. Breathe out through your mouth.
Repeat in other nostril.
Wipe spray nozzle with clean tissue and replace cap.
- FLONASE Drug Facts Label.
- MedlinePlus. Nasal corticosteroid sprays. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000404.htm Accessed April 1, 2014
- Data on file. GSK group of companies. 2014.
- FLONASE Quick Start Guide Patient Leaflet.